Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Due Too Long Update



So, I have been in a dry spell. I have not been blogging for sure, but I have been up to something or other in real life. A sore throat and a runny nose have been my companions for a couple days now. We had a little trip to London on a rainy day and a trip to Birmingham I have still to write about. But I will maybe catch up on them in some time.

Currently I have been trying my hand at watercolor painting/illustrating. I must say I have improved since I took a few online classes. But of course it takes a lot of practice and patience (on the part of the husband!). But I think it has the potential to become a new permanent hobby.

Also, I completed a crochet jumper. Isn't that wonderful? I think it is. I am not entirely satisfied with the fit of it, but it will do for under the coat jackets for now. I have been brainstorming what to do with the leftover yarn, its much to small so a purse or socks is out of question. Fingerless mittens or baby booties are an option but all my friends with babies are back in India and I wouldn't have the satisfaction of putting it to use right away. Haha. I created this board for inspiration for leftover yarn problems.

Now before I leave, I will leave a few pictures from my sketchbook these days, so if I do get better with time, I will have something to get back to. Ciao!





In progress


Complete!



You can tell I need better quality paper and paints, but for now I am satisfied. I need to learn a lot, but can you tell? I am incredibly proud of the lady in a saree!Inspired by this photo. The last girl is inspired by this girl.